Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
The following prerequisites apply to NetBackup for AHV.
For the required NetBackup licenses, see the following page:
For information on supported versions and support for Nutanix AHV, see Support for NetBackup in a Virtual Environment list from the NetBackup Master Compatibility List page.
If you want to restore a VM to another Nutanix AHV cluster, ensure that the AHV cluster has the same configuration as the original AHV cluster.
Verify that the following requirements are met for the NetBackup server:
The NetBackup server software is installed and operational on the NetBackup servers.
Ensure that you configure any backup media that the storage unit uses.
The required number of media volumes depend on the following:
The devices that are used and storage capacity of the media
The sizes of the virtual machines that you want to back up
The amount of data that you want to archive
The size of your backups
The length of retention of the backup images
Verify that the NetBackup client software is installed on the backup host.
For detailed information about licenses and adding licenses, refer to the following:
"Adding NetBackup licenses" section of the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.