Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
Install the Nutanix AHV plug-in
NetBackup_Nutanix-AHV-HMI_Plugin_8.2.zipfile to obtain the OS-specific directories (Linux RHEL and SUSE) that have the RPM packages and the readme file.
Run the following command:
rpm -i rpm_filename
For example, rpm -i VRTSnbntnxahv-184.108.40.206.x86_64.rpm
Go through the license agreement and enter y if you agree with the terms to continue the installation.
A message is displayed when the installation is successful. If the installation fails, you can examine the trace file that has the details of the error. The location of the trace file is displayed after the installation status message.