Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites and things to consider before using the plug-in
- Downloading and installing the Nutanix plug-in
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Configuring secure communication between the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor server and NetBackup host
- Managing SSL certificates through ECA framework
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line for Hypervisor policy
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Appendix B. Protect Nutanix AHV virtual machines with BigData policy
Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
The backup host is a key component in the NetBackup and Nutanix communication environment. The backup host acts as a channel to establish an indirect communication between the NetBackup master and media server and the Acropolis cluster.
To add a backup host, you must start by creating abackup policy. During policy creation, you are prompted to specify backup selections. In the backup selections, you are required to specify a backup host.
To add a backup host from the NetBackup Administration Console:
- Create a Hypervisor backup policy from the NetBackup Administration Console using the Policies utility.
See Creating a backup policy using the NetBackup Policies utility.
- On the Backup Selections tab, click New and enter the following parameter to add a backup host:
Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>
To add a backup host from the NetBackup Command Line Interface
- Create a Hypervisor backup policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface.
See Creating a backup policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface.
- Run the following command to add a backup host
bpplclients policy_name -add backup_host
See Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master access list.
See Adding a backup host to the Acropolis Cluster access list.