Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure
- About this guide
- Getting started
- How Enterprise Vault caches the items that it submits for classification
- Setting up the classification properties
- Configuring your classification rules
- Defining and applying classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Publishing classification properties and rules across your site
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in classification rules
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Implementing classification test mode
The following procedure describes how to use the Administration Console to implement classification test mode on an archive. However, you can also perform the same activity with PowerShell cmdlets.
To implement classification test mode
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, expand the hierarchy until the Archives container is visible.
- Locate and then right-click an archive in which you want to implement classification test mode.
- In the properties dialog box for the archive, click the Classification tab.
- Select Use test mode for this archive.
- Click OK to save the change that you have made.
- Go back to the Classification tab and click View Report to open the report in your default web browser. You can use the facilities in your browser to save the report, if necessary.
- If you turn off test mode for an archive and want to reclassify the archived items, use the Rebuild wizard to rebuild the index volume. (This process does not affect users, as the old index volumes remain searchable during the rebuild.) So long as you have configured the classification policy to classify items during indexing, Enterprise Vault reclassifies the items as part of the index rebuild. For more information on the Rebuild wizard, see the Administrator's Guide.
The report data persists in the vault store database after you turn off test mode or dissociate the archive from a classification policy. To remove it, click Clear Data in the Classification tab.