Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Configuration Guide
- Configuring a Self Service solution
- Configuring a NetBackup master server
- Configuring Self Service
- Customizing Self Service
- User authentication methods
- Appendix A. NetBackup policy types
- Appendix B. Dashboard traffic light status and usage
- Appendix C. Synchronizing data from NetBackup
- Appendix D. NetBackup Self Service data caching process
- Appendix E. Integration settings
- Appendix F. REST API
- Appendix G. Glossary
Assets with a protection type
When a user selects a managed protection level from those available to a protection type, this action adds the computer to one or more NetBackup policies. Self Service holds a threshold (in hours) for each policy it is aware of. Evaluating the thresholds of all the known policies that an asset is in determines its red, amber, or green status. Assets with a protection type that includes an unmanaged protection level are evaluated with a red or a green traffic light. The traffic light color is dependent on the existence of a backup matching the unmanaged protection level's policy name.
Table: Computers with Protection Types
Protection level applied, and all policies have backups within their threshold
No protection level has been applied to the computer
Protection level applied, but one or more policies have no backups, or the most recent backup is outside of its threshold
If an asset is in a NetBackup policy but no protection level is found, the policy is not considered when the color status is determined.
Assets that are protected with only a Backup Now process are not included in the count and are not shown as protected.