Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Configuration Guide
- Configuring a Self Service solution
- Configuring a NetBackup master server
- Configuring Self Service
- Customizing Self Service
- User authentication methods
- Appendix A. NetBackup policy types
- Appendix B. Dashboard traffic light status and usage
- Appendix C. Synchronizing data from NetBackup
- Appendix D. NetBackup Self Service data caching process
- Appendix E. Integration settings
- Appendix F. REST API
- Appendix G. Glossary
Creating or customizing a request form
You can customize a request type but normal operation does not require this customization. All shipped request types are implementation-ready.
If changes to a shipped request form are essential, it should be copied first, then you can edit the copy as required.
NetBackup Self Service is shipped with fully preconfigured request forms (request types). These forms are launched when a backup or restore option is selected from the home page dashboard. If additional data or integration is required, you can override the default request form with an association to a customized form. This override takes effect at the system-wide level.
You should be aware that a customization may be overwritten on upgrade and any customizations must be reapplied.
The shipped request form should be selected from the list and then copied. Access the form through Request Type Name is amended to text suitable for viewing in the Request List.. Additional request fields, approval stages, or workflow can then be added and the check box enabled. Ensure that the
No shipped request fields or workflow steps should be removed. This facility is available as a means of adding fulfillment steps or an approval process.
You should edit the relevant Action Request Type setting from the Integration Settings section.
- Access the setting through Admin > Settings > Integration Settings.
- Edit it by replacing the existing value with the new Request Type Code.
- You can then deactivate the shipped request form.
The Service Catalog and a full list of shipped request types is available if a restore to default values is required. They can be found in the
MsBuild\RequestTypes folder, under the Installation location.
You can enable replacement Protect and Backup Now forms by linking them to the appropriate Protection page when logged on as an administrator.. This option is found on the