Veritas NetBackup™ Self Service Configuration Guide
- Configuring a Self Service solution
- Configuring a NetBackup master server
- Configuring Self Service
- Customizing Self Service
- User authentication methods
- Appendix A. NetBackup policy types
- Appendix B. Dashboard traffic light status and usage
- Appendix C. Synchronizing data from NetBackup
- Appendix D. NetBackup Self Service data caching process
- Appendix E. Integration settings
- Appendix F. REST API
- Appendix G. Glossary
About user authentication methods
NetBackup Self Service supports three different methods of authenticating users:
Forms based authentication that uses a user name and password. This configuration is the default configuration that ships with Self Service.
Windows authentication, optionally with an Active Directory Import. This option is only suitable for Enterprise type deployments.
Federated Single Sign on by the WS-Federation Passive Protocol.