Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Configure a favorable client-to-server ratio
You can use storage unit settings to configure a favorable client-to-server ratio. Uou can use one disk pool and configure multiple storage units to separate your backup traffic. Because all storage units use the same disk pool, you do not have to partition the storage.
For example, assume that you have 100 important clients, 500 regular clients, and four media servers. You can use two media servers to back up your most important clients and two media servers to back up your regular clients.
The following example describes how to configure a favorable client-to-server ratio:
Configure the media servers for NetBackup deduplication and configure the storage.
Configure a disk pool.
Configure a storage unit for your most important clients (such as STU-GOLD). Select the disk pool. Select. Select two media servers to use for your important backups.
Create a backup policy for the 100 important clients and select the STU-GOLD storage unit. The media servers that are specified in the storage unit move the client data to the deduplication storage server.
Configure another storage unit (such as STU-SILVER). Select the same disk pool. Select. Select the other two media servers.
Configure a backup policy for the 500 regular clients and select the STU-SILVER storage unit. The media servers that are specified in the storage unit move the client data to the deduplication storage server.
Backup traffic is routed to the wanted data movers by the storage unit settings.
NetBackup uses storage units for media server selection for write activity (backups and duplications) only. For restores, NetBackup chooses among all media servers that can access the disk pool.