Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Cannot create a cloud storage
If you cannot create a cloud storage in NetBackup, verify the following:
cacert.pemfile is present on both NetBackup master and media server in following locations:
cacert.pemfile is not present, run the nbcertcmd -getCACertificate on the master server. After running this command, restart the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container.
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide for a complete description of the command.
This cacert.pem file is a NetBackup-specific file. This file includes the CA certificates generated by the NetBackup authorization service.
cacert.pemfile is same on the NetBackup master and media server.
The machine certificate is present in following locations:
If the security certificate is not present, run the bpnbaz -ProvisionCert on the master server. After running this command, restart the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container on the master and media server.
The NetBackup CloudStore Service is active.
The NetBackup Administration Console on the Security Management > Global Security Settings > Secure Communication tab.option on the NetBackup master server is selected if the media server is of the version 8.0 or earlier. The option is available in the
On the media server, if the certificate deployment security level if set to Very High, automatic certificate deployment is disabled. An authorization token must accompany every new certificate request. Therefore, you must create an authorization token before deploying the certificates.
See the 'Creating authorization tokens' topic in the NetBackup™ Security and Encryption Guide for detailed steps.