Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Amazon virtual private cloud support with NetBackup
Using NetBackup you can add a new cloud storage in an Amazon virtual private cloud (VPC) environment.
The following diagram illustrates how NetBackup integrates with VPC.
The diagram illustrates the following points:
You must deploy the media servers within the VPC environment.
You can deploy the master server locally or in the VPC environment. Ensure that the master server is able to communicate with the media servers.
In the public subnet, PC1 uses both private and elastic IP and has access to the Internet. The media server 1, also has access to the Internet. In a public subnet, you can authenticate and access the storage bucket over Internet or using the VPC endpoint.
In the private subnet, PC2 uses only private IP and has no access to the Internet. The media server 2, also has no access to the Internet. In a private subnet, you can authenticate and access the storage bucket using the VPC endpoint.
A VPC is restricted to a specific region.
You need to add a new cloud storage server for the specific region.
Do not configure multiple regions for one service host.
When you configure a region for a service host, it must be same as the VPC region; you cannot configure a different region. For example, if you want to add a cloud storage for Singapore region VPC environment, you must configure the service host region to Singapore.
For VPC in the default (US East (N. Virginia)) AWS region, use external-1.amazonaws.com as the service host and US-east-1 as the location identifier.
Configure the NetBackup policy to use the media server within the VPC environment.