Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Enabling optimized synthetic backups with cloud storage
In the case of Hitachi cloud configuration, the True Image Restore (TIR) or synthetic backups do not work, if you have enabled the encryption option. To successfully run the TIR or synthetic backups, you need to enable the versioning option for buckets (or namespaces) through the Hitachi cloud portal. For more details on how to enable the versioning option, contact Hitachi cloud provider.
Enabling Optimized Synthetic backups for use with NetBackup Cloud Storage
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Policies > policy_name. Select Edit > Change, and select the Attributes tab.
- Select Collect true image restore information and with move detection.
- Confirm the Policy storage option is a valid Cloud storage unit.
The storage unit that is specified under Policy storage must be one of the supported Cloud vendors. You can't set Policy storage to Any Available.
Determining if a backup was an Optimized Synthetic backup
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select Activity Monitor. Double click the backup that you want to check.
- Click the Detailed Status tab.
- Review the status for Performing Optimized Synthetic Operation. This text indicates the backup was an Optimized Synthetic backup.