Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
The NetBackup media servers that you use for cloud storage backup the NetBackup clients and then send that backup data to the cloud storage server. The storage server then writes the data to storage.
The NetBackup media servers also can move data back to primary storage (the client) during restores and from secondary storage to tertiary storage during duplication. These media servers are also known as data movers. They host a software plug in that they use to communicate with the storage implementation.
When you configure a cloud storage server, the media server that you specify in the wizard or on the command line becomes a cloud storage data mover.
You can add additional media servers to backup clients. They can help balance the load of the backups that you send to the cloud storage.
You can control which data movers are used for backups and duplications when you configure NetBackup storage units.
You can configure a cloud media server as a cloud master host.
To support cloud storage, a media server must conform to the following items:
The operating system must be supported for cloud storage. For the operating systems that NetBackup supports for cloud storage, see the NetBackup operating system compatibility list available through the following URL:
The NetBackup Cloud Storage Service Container (nbcssc) must be running.
The NetBackup media servers that you use for cloud storage must be the same NetBackup version as the master server.