Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Backing up data to Amazon Glacier
When a NetBackup backup job is run to backup data in to Amazon Glacier, NetBackup internally uses the Amazon zero day lifecycle policy. The data objects are tagged as. Only the data objects are backed up to Glacier storage, while the metadata objects reside in the Standard storage.
The following diagram illustrates the high-level backup process.
Use the bpduplicate command to duplicate tape data to Amazon Glacier storage.
For information on the command, see Veritas NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.