Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
The NetBackup CloudStore Service Container (nbcssc) is a web-based service container that runs on the following NetBackup hosts:
The NetBackup master server.
In a NetBackup master server cluster environment, the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container is a highly available service. In case of a NetBackup resource group failover, this service fails over to another node.
The NetBackup media servers that are configured for cloud storage.
This container hosts different services such as the configuration service, the throttling service, and the metering data collector service. NetBackup OpsCenter uses the metering data for monitoring and reporting.
You can configure the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container behavior by using the Scalable Storage host properties in the NetBackup Administration Console.
NetBackup uses several methods of security for the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container, as follows:
The NetBackup hosts on which the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container runs must be provisioned with a security certificate or certificates.
You do not need to generate a security certificate, if you have already generated it before configuring the cloud storage.
The NetBackup CloudStore Service Container can run in different security modes.