Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
NetBackup CloudStore Service Container startup and shutdown troubleshooting
The NetBackup media servers that you use for cloud storage must have a security certificate provisioned. If not, the CloudStore Service Container cannot start. Verify that the certificate exists.
NetBackup 7.7 and later
If a certificate does not exist, create one from the NetBackup master server.
Do not change the security mode of the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container while the service is active. If the security mode is changed while the service is active, you may encounter service startup or service shutdown problems. Be sure to stop the service in the same mode it was started.
If the NetBackup master server is in a cluster environment, the required certificates for nbcssc are not deployed automatically on the passive node. Thus, the nbcssc service does not start on failover of the active node. This scenario happens mostly on a UNIX cluster environment, or on a Microsoft Windows Server Failover Cluster (WSFC) setup, if you add a new node after the NetBackup push installation.
Perform the following steps before the failover:
Run the following command on the active node of the master server cluster:
On Windows: Install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpnbaz -setupat
On UNIX: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpnbaz -setupat
See the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide for a complete description of the command.
Restart all services on the active node of the master server.