Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
The following prerequisites apply to NetBackup for AHV.
For the required NetBackup licenses, see the following page:
How to use NetBackup plug-ins and agents: download, install, and availability information
For a list of supported versions, see:
Before you initiate a backup of a virtual machine, verify the following:
You have appropriate administrative rights and permissions from Nutanix to complete a backup for AHV virtual machines.
For information on getting administrative privileges, refer to the Nutanix documentation.
The NetBackup master server can communicate with the backup host.
The backup host is able to communicate with the Acropolis cluster.
Whitelist the backup host on the Acropolis cluster using the file whitelisting option available through the Prism web console or its command line interface.
See Adding a backup host to the Acropolis Cluster access list.
If you want to restore a VM to the Nutanix Acropolis cluster or container that you have deleted, you must first recreate the cluster or container. After this recreation is complete, then start the recovery process. Alternatively, you can recover a VM to a different cluster or container.
If you want to restore a VM to another Nutanix AHV cluster, ensure that the AHV cluster has the same configuration as the original AHV cluster.
Verify that the NetBackup for AHV is supported on your operating system or platform.
To verify operating system and compatibility
- Go to the following page:
- For information on support for Nutanix AHV, see Support for NetBackup in a Virtual Environment list from the NetBackup Master Compatibility List page.
Verify that the following requirements are met for the NetBackup server:
The NetBackup server software is installed and operational on the NetBackup server.
Ensure that you configure any backup media that the storage unit uses.
The required number of media volumes depend on the following:
The devices that are used and storage capacity of the media
The sizes of the virtual machines that you want to back up
The amount of data that you want to archive
The size of your backups
The length of retention of the backup images
Verify that the NetBackup client software is installed on the backup host.
NetBackup for AHV requires an Enterprise Client license for each Nutanix Acropolis cluster node.
For detailed information about adding licenses, refer to the "Adding NetBackup licenses" section of the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.