Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Adding the Nutanix Acropolis Cluster credentials for NetBackup
You must add the credentials for accessing the Acropolis cluster to the NetBackup master server. There are two options to accomplish this.
The backup host needs to access the Acropolis cluster. To access the Acropolis cluster, the backup host needs to obtain the cluster credentials. Therefore, the backup host communicates with the NetBackup master server to obtain these credentials.
To add credentials for the Acropolis cluster using the NetBackup Administration Console
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click the Media and Device Management node.
- Click the Credentials node to see the Virtual Machine Server option.
- Right-click Virtual Machine Server and select New Virtual Machine Server....
- In the New Virtual Machine Server dialog box, enter a name for the server. Click OK.
- In the Credentials pane of the New Virtual Machine Server - <server_name> dialog box, do the following:
From the Virtual Machine Server Type drop-down list, select Nutanix Acropolis Cluster.
In the User name field, enter the user name to access the Nutanix Acropolis Cluster.
In the Password field, enter the password to access the Nutanix Acropolis Cluster.
If you provide an invalid or incorrect credential, you may see the following status code in the Activity Monitor:
Status code: 6629: Unable to complete the operation. Failed to authorize the user or the server.
The Validate using backup host and the Connect using Port number options are unavailable for the Nutanix Acropolis Cluster.
The default port number for a Nutanix Acropolis Cluster is 9440. However, the provision to change this port number is available only through the command line interface using the tpconfig command.
See To add credentials for the Acropolis cluster using the NetBackup Command Line Interface for information about using the tpconfig for Nutanix Acropolis cluster.
- To save your changes, click OK.
You may also add credentials for the Acropolis cluster using the command line interface.
To add credentials for the Acropolis cluster using the NetBackup Command Line Interface
- Go to the following directory:
- From the command line, run:
tpconfig -add | -update -virtual_machine virtual_machine_name -vm_user_id user_id -vm_type virtual_machine_type -requiredport IP_port_number [-password password [-key encryption_key]]
For example: /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -add -virtual_machine my.virualmachine.com -vm_user_id admin -vm_type 9 -password abc@123
For detailed information about the tpconfig command, see the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
See Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server.
See Adding a backup host to the Acropolis Cluster access list.