Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Creating a BigData policy using the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard
This topic provides information about using the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard to create apolicy.
To create a BigData policy for the Acropolis Cluster using the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard:
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management.
In the right pane, click Create a Policy to open the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard.
Alternatively, under the NetBackup Management node, click Policies.
Go to the Actions menu, click New > Policy
Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box. Select the Use Policy Configuration Wizard check box.
- In the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard, under Create a backup policy for: select File systems, databases, applications option. Click Next.
- In the Policy Name and Type pane, enter a policy name and select BigData as the policy type. Click Next.
- In the Client List pane, click Add to open the Add Client - Policy <policy_name> dialog box.
In the Client name field, enter the Nutanix virtual machine name. Click Add.
To obtain the virtual machine name, use the VM name column on the Prism web console.
You may add multiple clients. After adding the clients, click Next.
- In the Backup Selections pane under the Backup Selection List, click Add.
Enter the following parameters and their values as shown:
The value for this parameter is fixed and cannot be changed.
Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>
The operating system of the backup host must be a Linux. The backup host can be a NetBackup client or a media server, or a NetBackup Appliance.
Application_Server=<Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Nutanix Acropolis cluster>
- In the Backup Type pane, select Full Backup. Click Next.
Currently, NetBackup supports only full backups for an Acropolis cluster.
- In the Frequency and Retention pane, specify the frequency of the backup and retention levels for the backup. Click Next.
- To save the changes for the BigData policy, click Finish.
Clickon any wizard panel for assistance while running the wizard.
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Policies utility
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface