Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Notes and restrictions
The following notes and restrictions apply to NetBackup for AHV.
Version of the NetBackup master server or media server and the NetBackup client on the backup host require 8.1 or later.
Veritas recommends that you configure a NetBackup media server as a backup host.
Linux is the required operating system of the backup host.
NetBackup for Nutanix AHV supports only one backup host for each backup policy.
To backup other hypervisors that run on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, use a backup policy specific to that hypervisor. For example, to backup VMware ESX on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, use a VMware policy. Similarly, to backup Hyper-V on a Nutanix Acropolis cluster, use a Hyper-V policy.
When you specify the backup selections for apolicy for the Acropolis cluster, provide the following parameters:
The value for this parameter is fixed and cannot be changed.
Application_Server=Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Nutanix Acropolis cluster
Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>
The parameters - Application_Type, Application_Server, and Backup_Host are not case sensitive. However, their values are case-sensitive.
When you provide multiple entries for the Application_Type, or Application_Server, only the first valid entry is considered and the rest are ignored. However, providing multiple entries for the Backup_Host parameter is not supported.
Policy validation is not conducted for the policies that are created using the Policy Configuration Wizard.
You cannot backup two or more virtual machines with the same name. Each virtual machine must have a unique name.
The restore operation for a partially successful backup is currently not supported.
NetBackup for AHV cannot backup the virtual machines that have volume groups attached.
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface
Creating a policy using the NetBackup Policies utility