Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
About recovering AHV VMs from the images that are backed up using NetBackup versions 8.1, 8.1.1, or 8.1.2
The pre-recovery validations are supported only from the NetBackup Administration Console.
The following pre-recovery validations are not supported for older images:
Unique or duplicate VM UUID on the AHV cluster
Unique or duplicate MAC address
Network UUID exists on the cluster
Container size validations
However, the validations are done once the
metadata.jsonfile is restored. The
metadata.jsonfile is the second entry in the restore files, hence the validations are slightly delayed.
For the backup images that are taken using NetBackup earlier than 8.2, root disk information was not captured in
metadata.json. If the boot disk is not the first disk, set the first disk using Nutanix Prism and restart the VM.
The VM UUID value in the Restore Wizard because it is not captured for older backup images.