Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
NetBackup install now includes the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) plug-in for the Hypervisor policy
With NetBackup 8.3, the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) plug-in for the Hypervisor policy is installed as part of the NetBackup installation.
The Hypervisor policy leverages several existing NetBackup features to protect the hypervisor and the virtualization workloads. For example, incremental backups and accelerator for hypervisors using the hypervisor change block tracking capabilities.
Hypervisor policy will also support the newer versions of Nutanix AHV.
Veritas recommends that you migrate your existing BigData policies to Hypervisor policy for protecting your Nutanix AHV VMs.
Starting with NetBackup 8.3, you cannot create new BigData policies to protect your Nutanix AHV VMs. (You cannot create a BigData policy that has Application_Type=Nutanix-AHV value in the backup selection.)
However, the existing BigData policies will work after the upgrade.
From the next NetBackup release after version 8.3, the BigData policies for protecting Nutanix AHV VMs will not run.
For more information, refer to the NetBackup for Nutanix AHV Administrator's Guide.
You can continue using the BigData policy to protect your Hadoop, HBase, and MongoDB data.
Restore of the Nutanix AHV VMs that were backed up using the BigData policy are supported.