Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
NetBackup provides data immutability and indelibility on WORM storage devices
NetBackup 8.3 provides the ability to write backups to WORM (Write Once Read Many) storage devices so that their data cannot be corrupted. Additionally, it lets you take advantage of advanced options available from your storage vendors to protect your backup data per applicable statutes.
NetBackup protects your data from being encrypted, modified, and deleted using WORM properties:
This protection ensures that the backup image is read-only and cannot be modified, corrupted, or encrypted after backup.
This property protects the backup image from being deleted before it expires. The data is protected from malicious deletion.
For more information, see Configuring immutability and indelibility of data in NetBackup in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.