Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Enhancements for NetBackup for Oracle
NetBackup 8.3 includes the following Oracle-related enhancements:
In the Specify maximum limits section of the Oracle tab in the NetBackup web UI, you can specify for all Oracle backups performed. This parameter enables RMAN's multisection backup.
When an Oracle instance or an instance group needs to be registered, you can useas an option for credentials.
NetBackup 8.3 provides full support of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) when you set up an Oracle policy in the NetBackup web UI. However, the NetBackup Administration Console does not have support for Oracle RAC policy setup.
The NetBackup Web UI Security Administrator's Guide contains the instructions to add an Oracle RAC.
The NetBackup for Oracle Administrator's Guide contains all information for creating an Oracle RAC policy that applies to the policy creation in the web UI. Note that all setup information in Appendix A and Appendix B is deprecated as of NetBackup 8.3. The next NetBackup maintenance release removes the support for the setup that is described in these appendices. All OIP users should use the Oracle RAC feature in the web UI to protect any RAC setup.
The NetBackup web UI also has the ability to load balance the RAC database during a backup. The NetBackup Web UI Security Administrator's Guide contains the information for load balancing.