Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Terminating a NetBackup Administration Console session from the web UI does not log the user out
When a user logs into the NetBackup Administration Console, NetBackup creates a session. That session appears in the Active sessions tab of the NetBackup web UI and can be terminated. However, if that session is terminated from the web UI, the user is not logged out of the NetBackup Administration Console completely. Instead, some functionality in the NetBackup Administration Console may not work properly. Users may receive a message such as Status Code: 117. Web service authentication failed. You may have to log in to the NetBackup Administrator Console again.
Veritas recommends that you do not terminate these sessions from the Active sessions tab of the NetBackup web UI.
Workaround: If a session is terminated from the web UI, the user must log in again to the NetBackup Administration Console to regain full functionality.