Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Database changes require migration of VMware and RHV assets
As a result of database changes for VMware and RHV assets, a migration of existing assets is required if you upgrade to a NetBackup 8.3 master server. This process is a one-time conversion that occurs after the upgrade.
The migration process begins when the VMware or RHV Asset service plug-in starts. (There is a 30-second delay.) A warning in the header of the API response indicates that migration is in progress. The warning is also displayed in the NetBackup web UI. During this process, the provided data may be inconsistent and incomplete.
For every 10,000 assets, migration takes approximately 15 minutes. Migration time may be affected if any jobs are running concurrently.
Each asset is also registered with RBAC.
The previous AssetDB APIs will no longer function correctly. You must convert them to the new Asset Service APIs. For information about Asset Services APIs, refer to the API Reference documentation on SORT or to the YAML files on the master server: