Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Support for external key management service (KMS) servers
NetBackup supports external key management service (KMS) servers with certain configurations. Review the following prerequisites and important notes before you configure external KMS server in NetBackup:
External KMS server should support Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP).
NetBackup supports KMIP versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0. By default, NetBackup uses the highest version from this list that the external KMS supports.
NetBackup master servers should be able to establish an outbound connection to the KMIP port (typically 5696) on the KMS.
Symmetric keys from external KMS server are consumed for encryption and decryption.
PEM-formatted certificates are used for authentication with external KMS server.
For more information about external KMS configuration, see the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide.