Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
OpsCenter data collectors for PureDisk and NetBackup Deduplication Appliance are no longer supported
Starting with NetBackup OpsCenter 8.3, the data collectors (Settings -> Configuration -> Agent -> Integrated Agent -> Create/Edit/Delete Data Collector) to collect the data from "Veritas NetBackup PureDisk" and "Veritas NetBackup Deduplication Appliance" products are no longer supported.
If you have configured the data collectors for "Veritas NetBackup PureDisk" and "Veritas NetBackup Deduplication Appliance", Veritas strongly recommends that you delete these data collectors manually as well as any previously collected data for policies, jobs, appliance hardware, and so on for these data collectors. The collected appliance hardware data for "Veritas NetBackup Deduplication Appliance" can be seen under Monitor -> Appliance Hardware -> Deduplication.
The data collected from these products in previous versions will not be deleted upon upgrade. The OpsCenter Agent Configuration UI screens for these data collectors now provide visual indications of the deprecated support for these products. These visual indications are provided primarily to inform you to delete these data collectors manually as subsequent OpsCenter releases might remove the entire "Integrated Agent" (Settings -> Configuration -> Agent -> Integrated Agent) from OpsCenter.
Also, Veritas recommends that you delete any alert policies created for "Agent Server Communication Break" and "Appliance Hardware Failure" (if configured for a "Veritas NetBackup Deduplication Appliance") failures and clear any previously generated alerts for this alert policy.