Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.3
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.3 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup Bare Metal Restore operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Enhancements and changes for the Microsoft SQL Server agent
This release of NetBackup includes these enhancements and changes for the Microsoft SQL Server agent:
Support for the Microsoft SQL Server agent with the NetBackup web UI:
Configure a classic policy to protect SQL Server.
Configure protection plans to protect SQL Server.
Manage SQL Server credentials.
Support for immediate backups (Backup now) in the NetBackup web UI.
The nbsqladm command options -new_host and -new_instance are deprecated. To change an instance or a host name, delete the instance and use -add_instance to add the instance again.
Retry attempts for failed backups attempt a retry of only the failed database backups instead of all the databases that were attempted for backup. This new retry behavior is supported for all objects: instances, availability groups, and clusters. This update only applies to intelligent policies and not to batch-file based policies.
Improvements to make discovery of SQL Server instances, availability groups, and databases faster and more efficient.