Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide
- About the NetBackup appliance Security Guide
- User authentication
- About user authentication on the NetBackup appliance
- About configuring user authentication
- About user name and password specifications
- User authorization
- Intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems
- Log files
- Operating system security
- Data security
- Web security
- Network security
- Call Home security
- About AutoSupport
- About Call Home
- About SNMP
- Remote Management Module (RMM) I security
- STIG and FIPS conformance
- Appendix A. Security release content
Gathering device logs on a NetBackup appliance
You can use the DataCollect command from the Main > Support shell menu to gather device logs. You can share these device logs with the Veritas Support team to resolve device-related issues.
The DataCollect command collects the following logs:
Disk performance logs
Command output logs
The iSCSI logs can be found in /var/log/messages and /var/log/iscsiuio.log.
Operating system logs
File system logs
Test hardware logs
To gather device logs with the DataCollect command
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- From the Main > Support view, type the following command to gather device logs.
The appliance generates the device log in the /tmp/DataCollect.zip file.
- Copy the DataCollect.zip to your local folders using the Main > Support > Logs > Share Open command.
- You can send the DataCollect.zip file to the Veritas Support team to resolve your issues.