Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide
- About the NetBackup appliance Security Guide
- User authentication
- About user authentication on the NetBackup appliance
- About configuring user authentication
- About user name and password specifications
- User authorization
- Intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems
- Log files
- Operating system security
- Data security
- Web security
- Network security
- Call Home security
- About AutoSupport
- About Call Home
- About SNMP
- Remote Management Module (RMM) I security
- STIG and FIPS conformance
- Appendix A. Security release content
About the Management Information Base (MIB)
Each SNMP element manages specific objects with each object having specific characteristics. Each object and characteristic has a unique object identifier (OID) that is associated with it. Each OID consists of the numbers that are separated by decimal points (for example, 220.127.116.11.4.1.48328.1).
These OIDs form a tree. A MIB associates each OID with a readable label and various other parameters that are related to the object. The MIB then serves as a data dictionary that is used to assemble and interpret SNMP messages. This information is saved as a MIB file.
You can view the details of the SNMP MIB file from the Settings > Notifications > Alert Configuration page of the web console. To configure the appliance SNMP manager to receive hardware monitoring related traps, click in the SNMP Server Configuration page.
You can also view the SNMP MIB file with the Settings > Alerts > SNMP ShowMIB command in the Shell Menu of your appliance.