Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide
- About the NetBackup appliance Security Guide
- User authentication
- About user authentication on the NetBackup appliance
- About configuring user authentication
- About user name and password specifications
- User authorization
- Intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems
- Log files
- Operating system security
- Data security
- Web security
- Network security
- Call Home security
- About AutoSupport
- About Call Home
- About SNMP
- Remote Management Module (RMM) I security
- STIG and FIPS conformance
- Appendix A. Security release content
Enabling and disabling Call Home from the appliance shell menu
You can enable or disable Call Home from the appliance shell menu. Call Home is enabled by default.
For Call Home to work properly, you need to register your appliance. You can register your appliance from the Appliances > My Appliances page of the MyAppliance portal.
To enable or disable Call Home from the shell menu
- Log on to the shell menu.
- To enable Call Home, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Enable command.
- To disable Call Home, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Disable command.
For more information on the NetBackup appliance Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome commands, refer to the NetBackup Appliance Commands Reference Guide.