Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide
- About the NetBackup appliance Security Guide
- User authentication
- About user authentication on the NetBackup appliance
- About configuring user authentication
- About user name and password specifications
- User authorization
- Intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems
- Log files
- Operating system security
- Data security
- Web security
- Network security
- Call Home security
- About AutoSupport
- About Call Home
- About SNMP
- Remote Management Module (RMM) I security
- STIG and FIPS conformance
- Appendix A. Security release content
Configuring a Call Home proxy server from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu
You can configure a proxy server for Call Home, if required. If the appliance environment has a proxy server between the environment and external Internet access, you must enable the proxy settings on the appliance. The proxy settings include both a proxy server and a port. The proxy server must accept https connections from the Veritas AutoSupport server. This option is disabled by default.
To add a Call Home proxy server from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- To enable proxy settings, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Proxy Enable command.
- To add a proxy server, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Proxy Add command.
You are prompted to enter the name of the proxy server. The proxy server name is the TCP/IP address or the fully qualified domain name of the proxy server.
After you have entered a name for the proxy server, you are prompted to enter the port number for the proxy server.
Further, you are required to answer the following:
Do you want to set credentials for proxy server? (yes/no)
On answering yes, you are prompted to enter a user name for the proxy server.
After you have entered the user name, you are prompted to enter a password for the user. On entering the required information, the following message is displayed:
Successfully set proxy server
- To disable proxy settings, run the Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Proxy Disable command.
Further, you can also use the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu to enable or disable proxy server tunneling for your appliance. To do so, run the Main > Settings > CallHome Proxy EnableTunnel and Main > Settings > Alerts > CallHome Proxy DisableTunnel commands. Proxy server tunneling lets you provide a secure path through an untrusted network.