Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Security Guide
- About the NetBackup appliance Security Guide
- User authentication
- About user authentication on the NetBackup appliance
- About configuring user authentication
- About user name and password specifications
- User authorization
- Intrusion prevention and intrusion detection systems
- Log files
- Operating system security
- Data security
- Web security
- Network security
- Call Home security
- About AutoSupport
- About Call Home
- About SNMP
- Remote Management Module (RMM) I security
- STIG and FIPS conformance
- Appendix A. Security release content
Viewing log files using the Support command
You can use the following section to view the log file information.
To view logs using the Support > Logs > Browse command:
- Enter browse mode using the Main_Menu > Support > Logs followed by the Browse command in the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu. The LOGROOT/> prompt appears.
- To display the available log directories on your appliance, type ls at LOGROOT/> prompt.
- To see the available log files in any of the log directories, use the cd command to change directories to the log directory of your choice. The prompt changes to show the directory that you are in. For example, if you changed directories to the OS directory, the prompt appears as LOGROOT/OS/>. From that prompt you can use the ls command to display the available log files in the OS log directory.
- To view the files, use the less <FILE> or tail <FILE> command. Files are marked with <FILE> and directories with <DIR>.
To view NetBackup appliance unified (VxUL) logs using the Support > Logs command:
- You can view the NetBackup appliance unified (VxUL) logs with the Support > Logs > VXLogView command. Enter the command into the shell menu and use one of the following options:
Logs VXLogView JobID job_id
Use to display debug information for a specific job ID.
Logs VXLogView Minutes minutes_ago
Use to display debug information for a specific timeframe.
Logs VXLogView Module module_name
Use to display debug information for a specific module.
- If you want, you can copy the unified logs with the Main > Support > Logs > Share Open command. Use the desktop to map, share, and copy the logs.
You can also use the Main_Menu > Support > Logs commands to do the following:
Upload the log files to Veritas Technical Support.
Set log levels.
Export or remove CIFS and NFS shares.
The NetBackup appliance VxUL logs are no longer archived by a cron job, or a scheduled task. In addition, log recycling has been enabled, and the default number of log files has been set to 50.
Refer to the NetBackup Appliance Command Reference Guide for more information on the above commands.