Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Installing the Veritas VSS provider for vSphere
You must install the latest version of the Veritas VSS provider. If you have an existing version of the provider, you must first uninstall the old version. Upgrading the NetBackup Client does not upgrade the Veritas VSS provider.
To use the Veritas VSS provider you must install it manually following installation of the NetBackup for Windows client. If the VMware VSS provider is installed, the installation program removes it and may require a restart of the computer.
To install the Veritas VSS provider
- Browse to the following location:
- Double-click on the Veritas VSS provider for vSphere shortcut.
- Follow the prompts.
- When the utility has completed, restart the computer if prompted.
- Following the restart, the utility resumes. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
To uninstall the Veritas VSS provider
- In the Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Double-click on Veritas VSS provider for vSphere.
The uninstall program does not automatically reinstall the VMware VSS provider.