Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
With a snapshot policy you can optionally perform an off-host backup. Also refer to the following topics for policy recommendations:
To configure a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- Create a new policy or open the policy you want to configure.
- In the Policy dialog box, click the Attributes tab.
- In the Policy type list, click MS-Exchange-Server.
- Select the Policy storage.
- Click Perform snapshot backups.
- In the Snapshot Client group, click Options.
- In the Snapshot Client Options dialog box, from the Snapshot method list, click VSS.
- Adjust the configuration parameters.
- (Optional) To perform off-host backups with an Exchange standalone server, do the following:
Click Perform off-host backup.
In the Use box, select Alternate Client.
In the Machine box, type the name of the alternate client.
If you use the SFW VSS provider, review the additional installation requirements and configuration that exist.
- Optional: To divide backups into multiple jobs, click Allow multiple data streams.
- To enable restores of individual items from database backups, click Enable granular recovery.
- For an Exchange DAG backup, in the Microsoft Exchange Attributes group choose the Database backup source.
- To configure schedules, click the Schedules tab.
- Use the Clients tab to specify clients to be backed up by this policy.
For a DAG policy, the client name is the name of the DAG and not the client on which the backup is run. If you want to use a particular Exchange server, add it to the preferred server list.
For off-host backups, the client name should be the name of the primary client. The alternate client must be the client that shares the disk array. This option may require additional configuration.
- Use the Backup Selections tab to enter the directives or browse for Exchange objects.
Off-host backups with the SFW VSS provider require that you back up objects only on the same SFW disk group.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.