Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Configuring exclude lists for Exchange clients
The following figure shows an exclude list with two databases:
For backups in a clustered or replicated environment, select each node and perform the configuration procedure on each node. You must configure the same settings on each node. If you change the attributes for the virtual server name, NetBackup updates only the DAG host server.
To configure an Exchange client exclude list
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console or the Remote Administration Console.
- In the left pane, expand NetBackup Administration > Host Properties > Clients.
- In the right pane, select the Exchange client(s) that you want to configure.
- Click Actions > Properties.
- Expand Windows Client and click Exclude Lists.
- Click Add.
- Specify objects to exclude in one of the following ways:
In the Policy field, select <<All Policies>> or type the name of a specific policy.
In the Schedules field, select <<All Schedules>> or type the name of a specific schedule.
In the Files/Directories field, type the name of a database in the following format:
Microsoft Information Store:\name
For name, specify the name of an Exchange database, as follows:
To exclude a specific database from an Exchange backup, type the name of a database to be excluded, even for DAG backups.
When you specify an Exchange database to exclude, do not include any wildcard characters.
- (Conditional) Repeat step 3 through step 7 for the other nodes in the environment.
Perform this step if the NetBackup environment is clustered or replicated.
If you specify the name of the virtual client, only the DAG host server is updated. For the changes to be effective throughout the cluster, repeat the configuration steps on each node.