Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Veritas VSS provider logs
install_path\Veritas VSS provider\logs
Enable the Veritas VSS provider logging on the NetBackup computer where Exchange is installed.
To enable Veritas VSS provider logging in the registry
- Log on as administrator on the computer where NetBackup is installed.
- Open Regedit.
- Open the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging
- Create a new DWORD value named CreateDebugLog.
- Right-click on the new value and click Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 1.
- Click OK.
To increase the log debug level modify both the pre-freeze-script.bat and post-thaw-script.bat files in the
C:\Windows folder. Add the
-log parameter to the script, at the line where
BeVssRequestor.exe is called. VMware determines which script is invoked.
To increase the Veritas VSS provider log debug level
- Change the following line in the pre-freeze-script.bat:
BeVssRequestor.exe -pre2 -logscreen !SkipExReplica! !SkipSQL! !VMBackupType! !ExcludeList!
BeVssRequestor.exe -pre2 -logscreen !SkipExReplica! !SkipSQL! !VMBackupType! !ExcludeList! -log
- Also change the following line in the post-thaw-script.bat:
BeVssRequestor.exe -post2 -logscreen !SkipExReplica! !SkipSQL! !VMBackupType! !ExcludeList!
BeVssRequestor.exe -post2 -logscreen !SkipExReplica! !SkipSQL! !VMBackupType! !ExcludeList! -log