Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Enabling Services for Network File System (NFS) on a Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016 media server
To restore individual items from a backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT), you must enable Services for Network File System (NFS). When this configuration is completed on the media server, you can disable any unnecessary NFS services. More information is available on requirements for the NetBackup media server.
To enable Services for Network File System (NFS) on a Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016 media server
- Open the Server Manager.
- From the Manage menu, click Add Roles and Features.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard, on the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- On the Select installation type page, select Role-based or feature-based installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Server Selection page, click Select a server from the server pool and select the server. Click Next.
- On the Server Roles page, expand File and Storage Services and File and iSCSI Services.
- Click File Server and Server for NFS. When you are prompted, click Add Features. Click Next.
- If the media server is also an Exchange client, on the Features page, click Client for NFS. Click Next.
- On the Confirmation page, click Install.
- Disable any unnecessary services, as follows:
If you have a single host that functions as both the media server and the Exchange granular client, you can disable the Server for NFS service.
For a host that is only the NetBackup media server, you can disable the Server for NFS and the Client for NFS services.