Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
To restore individual items from a database backup, you must configure Services for Network File System (NFS) on the NetBackup media server and the Exchange granular clients.
Table: Configuring NFS in a Windows 2008 or 2008 R2 environment
Configure NFS on the media server.
Before you configure NFS, review the requirements for the media server.
On the media server do the following:
Configure NFS on the Exchange granular clients.
Determine which clients to configure.
On the Exchange granular clients, do the following:
Install the hotfix for Client for NFS on the Exchange granular clients.
On the Exchange granular clients, install the hotfix for Client for NFS. The hotfix is available at the following location:
Important Windows Vista hotfixes and Windows Server 2008 hotfixes are included in the same packages. However, the hotfix Request page lists only Windows Vista. To request the hotfix package that applies to one or both operating systems, select the hotfix that is listed under Windows Vista on the page. Always refer to the Applies To section in articles to determine the actual operating system for each hotfix.