Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Configuring NetBackup with access to the CIFS share on the NetApp disk array
You can use Replication Director to manage your VMware snapshots and snapshot replication, including the creation of snapshot copies and duplicating an image to disk. To browse and restore granular items from the VMware backup from a snapshot copy, you must configure the logon account for NetBackup Client Service. This account must have access to the CIFS shares that are created on the NetApp disk array.
Note the following when you configure the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service:
You do not need to configure the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service if you restore databases. Nor do you need to configure the account if you browse or restore granular items from a disk image.
Configure each client that performs granular operations. To determine which clients to configure, see the following topics:
In a cluster environment, perform the steps on each database node in the cluster. Perform the steps on each database node in the DAG.
To configure NetBackup with access to the CIFS shared on the NetApp disk array
- Open the Windows Services application.
- Double-click on the NetBackup Client Service entry.
- Click on the Log On tab.
- Add the account that has access to the CIFS shares that are created on the NetApp disk array. To change the Log on as account, you must have administrator group privileges.
The account must include the domain name, followed by the user account, domain_name\account. For example, recovery\netbackup.
- Type the password.
- Click OK.
- Stop and start the NetBackup Client Service.
- Close the Services control panel application.