Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Adding clients to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
The clients list contains a list of the clients that are backed up during an automatic backup. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
For a NetBackup for Exchange policy, clients you want to add must have the following software installed:
NetBackup client or server
Additional requirements exist for any clients that use Granular Recovery Technology.
To add clients to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- In the Policy dialog box, click the Clients tab.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and click Add.
Note the following:
If Exchange is clustered or in a Database Availability Group (DAG), specify the virtual Exchange name that represents that cluster or DAG.
For off-host backups, the client name should be the name of the primary client.
- To add another client, repeat step 2.
- If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click Close.