Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for Exchange
- Installing NetBackup for Exchange
- Snapshot Client configuration and licensing requirements for Exchange snapshot backups
- Configuring Exchange client host properties
- Configuring the account for NetBackup Exchange operations
- Configuring the Exchange hosts
- Configuring Exchange Granular Recovery
- About Exchange backups and Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- About installing and configuring Network File System (NFS) for Exchange Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS) on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2
- Configuring Exchange backup policies (non-VMware)
- About configuring a backup policy for Exchange Server
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for Exchange policy
- Adding backup selections to an Exchange policy
- About configuring snapshot backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring a snapshot policy for Exchange Server
- About configuring Instant Recovery backups of Exchange Server
- Configuring an Exchange snapshot policy with Instant Recovery
- Performing backups of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- Performing restores of Exchange Server, mailboxes, and public folders
- About restoring Exchange snapshot backups
- About restoring individual Exchange mailbox and public folder items
- About redirecting a restore of Exchange mailbox or public folder objects to a different path
- Protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting Exchange Server data with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects Exchange Server, using Replication Director to manage snapshot replication
- Recovering an Exchange database to a repaired or an alternate Exchange server
- Troubleshooting backups and restores of Exchange Server
- About NetBackup for Exchange debug logging
- Viewing Event Viewer logs on an off-host Exchange server
- About NetBackup status reports
- Troubleshooting Exchange restore operations
- Troubleshooting DAG backups and restores
- Appendix A. NetBackup Legacy Network Service (Exchange 2010)
Snapshot options for backups of Exchange Server
Table: Snapshot options lists the options that are available for snapshot backups.
Table: Snapshot options
The VSS Provider is automatically selected based on the providers available for the snapshot volumes.
Only the default Microsoft VSS Provider is used.
Currently, the only software VSS Provider that is supported is SFW. If this provider is not in control of one of the volumes that is required for the backup, the backup fails.
The applicable hardware VSS Provider is used for the volumes. If a hardware provider is not available for one of the volumes that is required for the backup, the backup fails.
The setting for this option depends on the configuration of the snapshot volume.
Maximum Snapshots (Instant Recovery only)
This option defines the number of snapshots that is retained for Instant Recovery. When this threshold is reached, a snapshot is automatically snapped back or deleted, depending on the VSS provider and its configuration before another snapshot backup is performed.
Select a number that is appropriate for the number of volumes that you have available to become snapshot volumes for your backup. If you use the Microsoft VSS Provider, consider the amount of disk space available for the virtual snapshots that it creates.