NetBackup and Veritas Appliances Hardening Guide
- Top recommendations to improve your NetBackup and Veritas appliances security posture
- Steps to protect Flex Appliance
- Managing single sign-on (SSO)
- About lockdown mode
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a WORM storage server
- Steps to protect NetBackup Appliance
- About single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization
- About authentication using smart cards and digital certificates
- About data encryption
- About forwarding logs to an external server
- Steps to protect NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup for single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure user authentication with smart cards or digital certificates
- Access codes
- Workflow to configure immutable and indelible data
- Add a configuration for an external CMS server
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a NetBackup BYO media server
- About FIPS support in NetBackup
- Workflow for external KMS configuration
- Workflow to configure data-in-transit encryption
- Configure the DTE mode on a client
- How DTE configuration settings work in various NetBackup operations
- Modify the DTE mode on a backup image
- Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
- About certificate revocation lists for external CA
- Configuring an external certificate for a clustered primary server
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates for a virtual name
- Configuring a NetBackup host (media server, client, or cluster node) to use an external CA-signed certificate after installation
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates
- ECA_CERT_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- How to set up malware scanning
- About backup anomaly detection
Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
To configure NetBackup to use external CA-signed certificates for secure communication, you should carry out the following steps in the given order:
Table: Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
Ensure the following:
Install the NetBackup software on the primary server (or upgrade the primary server).
Enable the NetBackup domain to use external certificates by configuring the NetBackup web server.
Configure an external certificate for the NetBackup primary server host.
Install the NetBackup software on the media server and clients (or upgrade the media server and clients). If the primary server is configured to use external certificates, the Installer prompts you to provide external certificate information for the host.
This step is required for the hosts (media server and clients) that have the current NetBackup software, but are not configured to use external certificate.
NetBackup hosts may not have external certificate configuration because of the following reasons:
Configure an external certificate for a NetBackup host (media server or client) after installation.