NetBackup and Veritas Appliances Hardening Guide
- Top recommendations to improve your NetBackup and Veritas appliances security posture
- Steps to protect Flex Appliance
- Managing single sign-on (SSO)
- About lockdown mode
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a WORM storage server
- Steps to protect NetBackup Appliance
- About single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization
- About authentication using smart cards and digital certificates
- About data encryption
- About forwarding logs to an external server
- Steps to protect NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup for single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure user authentication with smart cards or digital certificates
- Access codes
- Workflow to configure immutable and indelible data
- Add a configuration for an external CMS server
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a NetBackup BYO media server
- About FIPS support in NetBackup
- Workflow for external KMS configuration
- Workflow to configure data-in-transit encryption
- Configure the DTE mode on a client
- How DTE configuration settings work in various NetBackup operations
- Modify the DTE mode on a backup image
- Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
- About certificate revocation lists for external CA
- Configuring an external certificate for a clustered primary server
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates for a virtual name
- Configuring a NetBackup host (media server, client, or cluster node) to use an external CA-signed certificate after installation
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates
- ECA_CERT_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- How to set up malware scanning
- About backup anomaly detection
ECA_CRL_CHECK for NetBackup servers and clients
The ECA_CRL_CHECK option lets you specify the revocation check level for external certificates of the host. It also lets you disable the revocation check for the external certificates. Based on the check, revocation status of the certificate is validated against the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) during host communication.
You can choose to use the CRLs from the directory that is specified for the ECA_CRL_PATH configuration option in the configuration file (
bp.conf on UNIX or Windows registry) or the CRL Distribution Point (CDP).
Table: ECA_CRL_CHECK information
Where to use
On NetBackup servers or clients.
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
For information about these commands, see the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
Use the following format:
ECA_CRL_CHECK = CRL check
You can specify one of the following:
Equivalent Administration Console property
No equivalent exists in the NetBackup Administration Console host properties.