NetBackup and Veritas Appliances Hardening Guide
- Top recommendations to improve your NetBackup and Veritas appliances security posture
- Steps to protect Flex Appliance
- Managing single sign-on (SSO)
- About lockdown mode
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a WORM storage server
- Steps to protect NetBackup Appliance
- About single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization
- About authentication using smart cards and digital certificates
- About data encryption
- About forwarding logs to an external server
- Steps to protect NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup for single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure user authentication with smart cards or digital certificates
- Access codes
- Workflow to configure immutable and indelible data
- Add a configuration for an external CMS server
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a NetBackup BYO media server
- About FIPS support in NetBackup
- Workflow for external KMS configuration
- Workflow to configure data-in-transit encryption
- Configure the DTE mode on a client
- How DTE configuration settings work in various NetBackup operations
- Modify the DTE mode on a backup image
- Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
- About certificate revocation lists for external CA
- Configuring an external certificate for a clustered primary server
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates for a virtual name
- Configuring a NetBackup host (media server, client, or cluster node) to use an external CA-signed certificate after installation
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates
- ECA_CERT_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- How to set up malware scanning
- About backup anomaly detection
Importing single sign-on (SSO) users
Use the following procedure to import single sign-on (SSO) users.
To import SSO users
- Sign in to the Flex Appliance Console as the default admin user and click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the page, then click Single sign-on.
- If you have not done so already, add the SSO identity provider (IDP). See Adding an IDP.
- On the left, click the User management icon.
- Click Add user > Import single sign-on users.
- Select User or User group.
- Depending on your selection, enter the username or the group name. Do not include the domain name.
- Click Import.
After you have imported the user or the user group, you can view the details on the User management page.
You cannot view the members of a user group from the Flex Appliance Console. Use the IDP to manage the users within a group.