NetBackup and Veritas Appliances Hardening Guide
- Top recommendations to improve your NetBackup and Veritas appliances security posture
- Steps to protect Flex Appliance
- Managing single sign-on (SSO)
- About lockdown mode
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a WORM storage server
- Steps to protect NetBackup Appliance
- About single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization
- About authentication using smart cards and digital certificates
- About data encryption
- About forwarding logs to an external server
- Steps to protect NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup for single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure user authentication with smart cards or digital certificates
- Access codes
- Workflow to configure immutable and indelible data
- Add a configuration for an external CMS server
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a NetBackup BYO media server
- About FIPS support in NetBackup
- Workflow for external KMS configuration
- Workflow to configure data-in-transit encryption
- Configure the DTE mode on a client
- How DTE configuration settings work in various NetBackup operations
- Modify the DTE mode on a backup image
- Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
- About certificate revocation lists for external CA
- Configuring an external certificate for a clustered primary server
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates for a virtual name
- Configuring a NetBackup host (media server, client, or cluster node) to use an external CA-signed certificate after installation
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates
- ECA_CERT_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- How to set up malware scanning
- About backup anomaly detection
ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS for NetBackup servers and clients
The ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS option specifies the time interval in hours to download the CRLs from the URLs that are specified in the peer host certificate's CRL distribution points (CDP).
The ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS option is applicable when you use CDP for CRLs.
After the specified time interval, CRLs of the certificate authority are downloaded from the URLs that are available in CDP.
By default, the CRLs are downloaded from the CDP after every 24 hours.
Table: ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS information
Where to use
On NetBackup servers or clients.
How to use
Use the nbgetconfig and the nbsetconfig commands to view, add, or change the option.
For information about these commands, see the NetBackup Commands Reference Guide.
Use the following format:
ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS = Number of hours
Minimum number of hours that you can specify - 0 hour, which indicates that CRLs from the CDP are not periodically downloaded.
Maximum number of hours that you can specify - 4380 hours
The default value for the option is 24 hours.
CRLs are also downloaded from the CDP during host communication if they are expired or not available in the CRL cache, irrespective of the time interval set for the ECA_CRL_REFRESH_HOURS option.
Equivalent UI property
No equivalent exists.