NetBackup and Veritas Appliances Hardening Guide
- Top recommendations to improve your NetBackup and Veritas appliances security posture
- Steps to protect Flex Appliance
- Managing single sign-on (SSO)
- About lockdown mode
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a WORM storage server
- Steps to protect NetBackup Appliance
- About single sign-on (SSO) authentication and authorization
- About authentication using smart cards and digital certificates
- About data encryption
- About forwarding logs to an external server
- Steps to protect NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup for single sign-on (SSO)
- Configure user authentication with smart cards or digital certificates
- Access codes
- Workflow to configure immutable and indelible data
- Add a configuration for an external CMS server
- Configuring an isolated recovery environment on a NetBackup BYO media server
- About FIPS support in NetBackup
- Workflow for external KMS configuration
- Workflow to configure data-in-transit encryption
- Configure the DTE mode on a client
- How DTE configuration settings work in various NetBackup operations
- Modify the DTE mode on a backup image
- Workflow to use external certificates for NetBackup host communication
- About certificate revocation lists for external CA
- Configuring an external certificate for a clustered primary server
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates for a virtual name
- Configuring a NetBackup host (media server, client, or cluster node) to use an external CA-signed certificate after installation
- Configuration options for external CA-signed certificates
- ECA_CERT_PATH for NetBackup servers and clients
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- How to set up malware scanning
- About backup anomaly detection
Detecting backup anomalies on the primary server
This topic provides the procedure to enable the primary server to detect backup anomalies.
To enable the primary server to detect backup anomalies
- Install the NetBackup primary server software on your system (or upgrade the primary server software).
After the installation, the following configurations are automatically done on the primary server:
The NetBackup Anomaly Detection Management service (nbanomalymgmt) is started on the primary server.
The anomaly detection and alert services do not run by default.
The NetBackup Anomaly Detection Management service stops if the proxy server takes more than 45 minutes to connect to the primary server.
- Configure the backup anomaly settings using the NetBackup web UI. NetBackup takes these settings into account during anomaly detection.
If any anomalies are detected, they are notified through the NetBackup web UI.
See View anomalies.