Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Using the command line to recover Nutanix AHV virtual machines
You can use the bprestore command to recover a backed-up Nutanix AHV VM.
To recover Nutanix AHV VM
- Log on as an Administrator or root user based on windows or UNIX system respectively.
- Run the following command on the NetBackup master server by providing appropriate values:
bprestore -S master_server -C client -R path_rename_file -t 44 -L path_progress_log -f filelist -disk_media_server disk_media_server-D backup_host
Specifies the name or FQDN of the NetBackup master server.
Specifies a Configuration Server as a source to use for finding backups or archives from which to restore files. This name or FQDN must be as it appears in the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies the directory path to a rename file, which is used to recover a virtual machine.
Specifies BigData as the policy type.
Specifies the name of whitelisted file path in which to write progress information.
Specifies a file (listfile) that contains a list of files to be restored and can be used instead of the file names option (filenames). In listfile, list each file path must be on a separate line.
Currently we support a full VM restore. Enter
/(forward slash) as the file entry.
Name or the FQDN of the disk media server.
Specifies the name or the FQDN of the backup host.
bprestore -S FQDN.master.server.com -C FQDN.client.com -R <install_directory>\logs\user_ops\rename.txt -t 44 -L <install_directory>\logs\user_ops\a.log -f filelist -disk_media_server FQDN.disk.mediaserver.com -D FQDN.backup.host.com