Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and recovery
- Back up the Nutanix AHV virtual machines
- Overview of the Nutanix AHV virtual machines recovery process
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the Backup, Archive, and Restore console
- Recovering a Nutanix AHV VM using the command line
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Creating a BigData policy using the NetBackup Policies utility
This topic provides information about using the policies utility to create apolicy.
To create a BigData policy for the Acropolis Cluster using the policies utility:
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management > Policies.
- On the Actions menu, click New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box. Click OK.
- On the Attributes tab, select BigData as the policy type.
In the Destination pane of the Attributes tab, select a storage unit type from the Policy storage drop-down.
To limit the number of simultaneous jobs per policy, use the Limit jobs per policy option.
- On the Schedules tab, click New to create a new schedule.
Currently, NetBackup supports only full backups for AHV virtual machines.
- On the Clients tab, enter the name of the virtual machine. You may add multiple clients.
To obtain the virtual machine name, use the VM name column on the Prism web console.
- On the Backup Selections tab, click Add and enter the following parameters and their values as follows:
The value for this parameter is fixed and cannot be changed.
Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>
The operating system of the backup host must be a Linux. The backup host can be a NetBackup client or a media server, or a NetBackup Appliance.
Application_Server=<Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Nutanix Acropolis cluster>
- Click OK to save the changes.
The entries that you provide in the Clients tab and the Backup Selections tab differ based on the application that you choose to back up.
For more information on using NetBackup for big data applications, refer to the Veritas NetBackup documentation page.
See Creating a . policy using the Backup Policy Configuration Wizard
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface