Enterprise Vault™ Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
- About this guide
- Preparing Enterprise Vault for classification
- Setting up Veritas Information Classifier policies
- About policies
- About patterns
- About tags
- Defining and applying Enterprise Vault classification policies
- Defining classification policies
- Running classification in test mode
- Using classification with smart partitions
- Appendix A. Enterprise Vault properties for use in custom field searches
- Appendix B. PowerShell cmdlets for use with classification
- Appendix C. Classification cache folder
- Appendix D. Migrating from FCI classification to the Veritas Information Classifier
- Appendix E. Monitoring and troubleshooting
Finding your way around
The Veritas Information Classifier window is divided into three main areas: the navigation bar, item list, and details pane.
The navigation bar provides buttons with which you can open the Veritas Information Classifier pages. You can collapse the bar so that only the buttons show, or pin the bar so that it remains expanded while you work.
The item list provides a list of the available items, together with basic information about them. Click an item to view more information in the details pane.
The controls at the top of each list let you search for items by name, filter the items according to various criteria, expand and collapse the list, and change the sort order.
The details pane provides extensive information on the selected item. You also use this pane to edit an item or create a new one to add to the list.